The "No Pressure Design Process”
We understand that buying a swimming pool is a big decision for any family. We also know that some families take weeks, months, or even years to make a final decision. We’re okay with that. We’ll help you whenever we can, but we will never try to pressure you into a design or purchase. That's why we created the Tropic Island Pools "No Pressure Design Process." At all stages of the design and buying process, YOU are in control. We’ll proceed to the next step only if and when you tell us you're ready to proceed.
If that's the way you hoped to be treated, then you're in good hands. (On the other hand, if you were expecting a high-pressure sales person to “strong-arm” you into buying a pool, then we think you'll be pleasantly surprised with our “no-pressure” approach. Here's how it works:
Think about what kind of pool you want
- Review our website and our portfolio. Make a note of any particular pools, spas, custom water features or outdoor living features that you like.
- Feel free to look at our competitors’ websites as well. (They've never built anything we can't build!)
- If you see a pool in a magazine and book or newspaper, save a copy of that too.
Get some expert advice
- Telephone: We can discuss some ideas right over the phone if you like.
- Backyard meeting: One of our designers will be happy to look at your backyard, and share some ideas with you.
Get a preliminary design and bid
- If you've got an idea of what you're looking for, our designers can create a custom design for you.
- If you have a specific budget in mind, let the designer know, so that he can recommend the appropriate features and options.
Fine-tune your design
- You may want to add or remove or certain features or options.
- You can choose your tile choices, deck choices and other special features at this time.
Decide if you want to buy this pool
- A simple proposal outlines exactly what your new pool is going to look like, and what it's going to cost
- Schedule your start date - it's time to decide when you want the process to begin.
- It normally takes between 45 and 75 days to complete your new pool, depending on weather and the complexity of the project.
Remember, with the Tropic Island Pools "No-Pressure Design Process," you’re always in control. We look forward to helping you bring your dreams to life.
Our at-home consultation is a chance for us to work together to finalize every detail to your liking. After all, our priority is to ensure you are 100-percent satisfied with the final product. We’re looking at a lot of different things during this visit – such as the architecture of your house and the layout of your yard so we can design and construct your new backyard to meet your needs and your wants.
One document that makes our design consultation more effective is your property survey. If your home has a septic system, we also ask for a septic layout. This allows us to accurately design your backyard project with respect to property lines, easements, building setbacks, as well as existing gas, electrical and water services line layouts.
In an effort to get a better understanding of what you’re hoping to achieve in your backyard, we ask you to consider the following questions prior to our at-home consultation:
- Do you entertain often, or will your pool be more for private use?
- Do you prefer more sun or shade?
- Are you looking to incorporate an outdoor living area, including a kitchen, seating area, patio covers and more?
- Do you want to incorporate a fire pit or fireplace for the chillier months?
- Can all your family members swim?
- Do you need to incorporate fencing or an automatic pool cover?
- Is your pool intended for entertaining children?